Navigation: Clients > Orders
You need to have completed section 8-2 Send a quote before you begin
Once you have created a service order for your client and scheduled their services, you can invoice them for the work. This can be done in advance (eg. boarding or regularly booked services where the invoice is for a fixed amount) or in arrears (where services may be added or canceled at the last moment).
Step 1: How do I Create an Invoice?
Tammy is ready to send an invoice for Ralphie's overnight visits during September while the Adams family are on vacation. She requires the client to pay in full in advance of the overnight service starting.
1. Navigate to the client record, then click "Orders & Invoices". Click on the service order with the overnights on it that you want to create an invoice for.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
Send a quote to a Client
2. Click the button for "Send Quote/Invoice".
3. Click the option to "Create Invoice" from the menu.
4. The email template "Invoice Template 2 Online Payments" is pre-configured to be sent out with all invoices, although there are other email templates that you can select.
Click "Create Invoice" to send your invoice to the client's email address that you entered into their client record. An "Account Summary" will also be attached as a PDF to the invoice that you client receives.
5. After creating an invoice, when you view "Orders & Invoices", you can see the "Quote" now has an "Invoice No." allocated to it, and the "Status" has changed from "Quote" to "Outstanding". When the client has mad payment, the status will change to "Paid".
When you create an invoice for a client through Pet Sitter Plus, the software will automatically send a BCC copy of the email to the admin email address you have entered into your "Company Information". Below is an example of how the email might look when your client receives it and the invoice and account summary PDFs are attached to the email for downloading or printing out.
Below is an example of how the invoice PDF would look when attached to an email that the client receives.
Here is an example of how the account summary PDF would look for Linda, Tammy's new client, when attached to an email that the client receives.
This tutorial demonstrates a simple invoicing scenario within Pet Sitter Plus. To gain a greater understanding of the options available when you are ready to learn more, you can take a look at how to identify services that can be invoiced in Step 8-4 Uninvoiced Report and progress to how to create an invoice for a client in Invoices.
Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
To move forward to the next step, click the link below and then choose the next step: